1. Leading up to the Show I have been busy making the necessary
signs and notices that go towards trying to project a professional
2. These are my greenhouses. No grand and elaborate set-up here, just
an old north facing shed at the bottom of the garden converted into a lean-to
greenhouse. The 8' x 8' Eden in front is just for cuttings and
general horticulture, in front are three of the troughs which will
partly make up the front of our display..
PREPARATIONS FOR THE SHOW
3. Friday Morning 0900, in the hall Bob Burchell, Bill & Wyn Squibb
are assembling the stand.
4. Meanwhile having delivered the components for
the stand, I have driven the hire van to Dave Coates house to collect the
first load of plants.
5. With two loads of plants collected from my own greenhouse all
that remain are the begonias for the Classes. These are some of
6. 1130 and the stand is complete. left to right: Bob Burchell,
Bill Squibb, myself, Wyn Squibb, Pauline Coates.
7. We can only work on the stage in the morning as a bridge
club use the hall every Friday afternoon. So at 1230 we retreat for
lunch and a rest. Preparations recommence at 1630.
8. 2000 hrs. nearly complete. Just the cut-blooms
have to be staged in the morning.